The Sharper Cut Design-Build Process
The Process – click on the numbers below to view the steps
This complimentary 1-2 hour consultation takes place at our Resource Room located in Upper Marlboro, MD. Prior to the first meeting, a design associate will take photos (with your permission) of your property.
What happens during the first meeting?
- We will review your goals and give you ideas for enhancing your property.
- We will show you improvements done for properties similar to yours for inspiration.
- Client will be able to review materials from our landscaping books, magazines, and photos as needed.
- A thorough review of our design process will be followed up with a detailed design agreement describing the scope of work and design fees. Our fees for the full design process tend to range from $2500 – $5000.
What happens during the analysis of your property?
- Upon acceptance of design agreement, a concept review is schedule.
- We conduct a site inventory to locate existing structures, views, topography, etc.
- Review of all building and county codes, restrictions, and ordinances.
- All measurements are recordedin a scaled out base map drawing.
What is the purpose of the concept review?
- Two conceptual landscape plans are prepared for the client.
- Client selects elements from both plans to allow for creation of a master plan.
- Space and cost budgets are reviewed.
What will you see on the master plan and 3D tour?
- Detailed planting plan and site layout to include the selected conceptual elements.
- 3D virtual tour lets you see how your property will look after it’s constructed. It’s the ultimate “try before you buy” experience.
When will construction begin?
- Upon contract acceptance, the client’s project is scheduled for construction.
- Pre-construction walk through is conducted with client, project manager, and designer.
- Upon project commencement, a dedicated crew stays on site for duration of project under leadership of project manager.